Doable Dose of Kimochis
Early Childhood: Week Two
Become A Kimochis Feeling Detective
- Select a student per day to be your classrooms feeling detective.
- The feeling detective stands with the teacher and points to the Kimochis feeling he/she wants to have the class look for that day.
- The teacher asks the class to do the following in unison.
“Everyone say the feeling word.” (The teacher says the word first)
“Everyone make the feeling face.”
“Everyone make the feeling sound.”
4. The teacher asks students to:
“Clap if this feeling word is familiar.”
“Share in kid words what this feeling means if you know.”
- The teacher shares what the feeling means if necessary.
- Challenge students to look for this feeling throughout the coming day. The teacher says,
“Notice if you have this feeling today.”
“Notice if you see this feeling in other people today.”
“Notice what people do when they have this feeling.”
- Wrap-up your school day with the feeling detective by your side. He or she begins sharing and then calls on classmates to share.