- Kids enjoy getting and sending mail.
- Create a simple Kimochis mailbox with two large envelopes. Create one envelope with a smile and one with a frown.
- Photocopy and cut out the Kimochis Make Your Own Feeling Template.
- Put crayons and other writing utensils by this mail station.
- Demonstrate or role play how to use the New Kimochis Mailbox
- Draw a face and color 2 Make Your Own Feelings. (Happy and Sad)
- Put your colored feeling in the corresponding envelope. For example, if it was a hard to have feeling it will go in the envelope with the frown. If it is a nice to have feeling it will go in the envelope with the smile.
- Tell your students they can write their name on the back of the feeling face if they wish or not.
- Explain at the end of the day you will be checking your Kimochis mailbox to see how all of your friend’s day was. Share that from time to time you may bring the Kimochis feeling mail to circle time to share all the feelings friends are having at school. You will not name names but rather simply share feelings.
We are HOPEFUL that you have enjoyed these Doable Doses of Kimochis!
Kimochis® Early Childhood Tool Kit (Preschool, TK, K)
Includes the 316-page Kimochis® Feel Guide, 5 Kimochis® characters (just add Bella Rose and Clover to complete your set!), 29 feelings, the Kimochis Nesting Heart, and the take-home parent Feel Guide in a sturdy, black bag.
Kimochis® are a fun and easy way to introduce social-emotional learning (SEL) and character education to children.
This program was designed to give children the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they need to recognize and manage their emotions, demonstrate caring and concern for others, establish positive relationships, make responsible decisions, and handle challenging situations constructively.